Re: pgsql client/server compatibility matrix?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: pgsql client/server compatibility matrix?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
What do you mean by "client version"? If you're talking about libpq,
then any version can talk to any version of the DB (AFAIK). It's all
compatable.

pg_dump should be able to dump any older version. It's a bug otherwise.

If you're talking about psql, well, within major versions for full
compatability. I've used quite a bit across versions and other than
certain \-commands not working fully, they all work.

What exactly are you looking for?

Hope this helps,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 03:17:46PM -0600, Ed L. wrote:

> Can someone help find (or create) a client/server compatibility
> matrix that shows which client versions are compatible with
> which server versions?  For example,
>
> server:  7.1.2  7.2.1  7.2.2  7.2.3 ...
>
> client
> ======
> 7.1.2     Yes    No      No    No   ...
> 7.2.1     No
> 7.2.2     No
> 7.2.3     No
> 7.3.1
>
> I'd be happy to contribute it to the docs.
>
> Ed

>        match

Вложения