Re: Are long term never commited SELECT statements are a problem?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Are long term never commited SELECT statements are a problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 05:40:57PM +0200, Erik Wasser wrote:

> > When a transaction is on the serializable level, a SELECT query sees
> > only data committed before the transaction began; it never sees either
> > uncommitted data or changes committed during transaction execution by
> > concurrent transactions. (However, the SELECT does see the effects of
> > previous updates executed within its own transaction, even though they
> > are not yet committed.)

> Why do I see in the first transaction data from the commited second
> transaction? Doesn't prove that the documentation on the above URL
> wrong?

Because it says "in the serializable level," which they acquire when you
execute "SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE".

Officer Krupke, what are we to do?
Gee, officer Krupke, Krup you! (West Side Story, "Gee, Officer Krupke")

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Are long term never commited SELECT statements are a problem?
Сообщение: Re: Are long term never commited SELECT statements are a problem?