Re: Are long term never commited SELECT statements are a problem?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Are long term never commited SELECT statements are a problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 05:40:57PM +0200, Erik Wasser wrote:
> Why do I see in the first transaction data from the commited second
> transaction? Doesn't prove that the documentation on the above URL
> wrong?

No, it doesn't.  The quote you posted refers to the SERIALIZABLE
isolation level, but the default is READ COMMITTED.  Unless you've
changed the default (and it appears that you haven't), then
transactions that don't set an isolation level will default to READ
COMMITTED.

The following command shows what isolation level the current
transaction is using:

SHOW transaction_isolation;

Try your example again, but issue the following command in transaction 1
before doing anything else:

SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE;

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: