Re: chosing a database name

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: chosing a database name
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 01:18:09PM -0400, Berend Tober wrote:

> Or why bother including either? Just use sequential integers, maybe
> left-padded with zeros to make the name the same length for the first
> thousand or so releases?
A good tip, too, thanks. Would solve the ambiguity dilemma, too.

I think we'll go with

 "gnumed_0_1"

for release 0.1 and see what gives. I'm still happy to hear
people speak up and say why I am crazy to do so in the first
place. I guess it's a bit related to my using Python:

 "Explicit is better than implicit ..."

(which doesn't mean overly verbose)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346