Re: illegal sort order

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: illegal sort order
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 22:09:40 +0300,
  Andrus <eetasoft@online.ee> wrote:
> > Sort order depends on the locale used in initdb. If you want data sorted
> > by the codes used to represent the data, then you might want to initdb
> > with a locale of "C". Doing an initdb will require a dump and reload.
>
> Bruno, thank you.
>
> SHOW ALL command returns the following:
>
> "client_encoding";"UNICODE"
> "lc_collate";"Estonian_Estonia.1257"
> "lc_ctype";"Estonian_Estonia.1257"
> "lc_messages";"Estonian_Estonia.1257"
> "lc_monetary";"Estonian_Estonia.1257"
> "lc_numeric";"Estonian_Estonia.1257"
> "lc_time";"Estonian_Estonia.1257"

Are you running this on Windows? There is a problem with Unicode there.
I don't know what the exact symptoms are, so I don't know whether or not
that explains your problem.

> Unfortunately, the sort order is incorrect:
>
> "A"
> "S"
> "B"
> "C"
> "Ü"
> "Ö"
> "Ä"
> "Õ"
> "D"
> "E"
> "F"
> "G"
>
> accented charactes must be at the end of alphabet.
>
> Why Postgres uses VERY stange sort order ? I do'nt believe that this order
> exists in any locale.

Sort order is determined by the locale. If the locale doesn't have the
correct sort order you need to fix the locale definition in your OS or
use another locale.