Re: A couple of patches for PostgreSQL 64bit support

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: A couple of patches for PostgreSQL 64bit support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Koichi,

> I have posted a couple of patches with regard to 64bit environment
> support to PATCHES ml.   It expands size of shared memory to 64bit space
> and extends XID to 64bit.   Please take a look at it.

In case you weren't aware, feature freeze was last Friday.   So your patch is
liable to remain in the queue for a while before anyone looks at it.

Incidentally, what about 64-bit support for work_mem and maintenance_work_mem?
64bit shared_mem support isn't that needed *yet* (I've yet to see a server
use more than 500mb of the shared_mem) but being able to allocate 6GB to
index creation would be very useful.

I take it extending the XID to 64bit is intended to postpone the need for
vacuuming even in a high-activity database?    Have you tested whether there
are any performance effects?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions