Some Tip: take care to run routine vacuum as superuser ...

От Enrico Weigelt
Тема Some Tip: take care to run routine vacuum as superuser ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi folks,

here's some new tip for the maillist footers:

    "if vacuum (from some scripts) doesnt seem to work, have a
    look at the logfile - you're probably using the wrong login"

I just had to learn that's a nice pitfall, if you're trying to do
routine vacuum from some php scripts and logging in as someone who's
not the table owner ... I wondered why the db doesnt get faster, but
when vacuum'ing manually or from pgadmin, I had a gread speedup.
Enabling verbose query logging showed up the problem.

... yeah, yeah, ashes on my head ...  I'm not getting younger ... ;-)

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
  Realtime Forex/Stock Exchange trading powered by postgresSQL :))
                                            http://www.fxignal.net/