Re: pgsql: Update for roles: < * Prevent default re-use

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql: Update for roles: < * Prevent default re-use
Дата
Re: pgsql: Update for roles: < * Prevent default re-use  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
Stephen Frost wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> * Bruce Momjian (momjian@svr1.postgresql.org) wrote:
> > < * Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and groups
> > > * Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and roles
>
> sysids are gone, roles have Oids, so I don't think this is an issue
> anymore...  Users are gone too...
>
> > 450c450
> > < * Add COMMENT ON for all cluster global objects (users, groups, databases
> > > * Add COMMENT ON for all cluster global objects (users, roles, databases
>
> Users are gone, so this would just apply to roles..

Updated.

> > <       users and groups with separate DROP commands
> > >       users and roles with separate DROP commands
>
> users are gone, there are only roles, so I don't know that they'd need
> separate DROP commands, if that's what this means?  We do have DROP ROLE
> and REVOKE ROLE...

The problem is this used in pg_dumpall --clean:

    DELETE FROM pg_shadow WHERE usesysid <> (SELECT datdba FROM pg_database WHERE datname = 'template0');