Re: DRDB?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: DRDB?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Martin Fandel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is DRDB (http://www.drbd.org/) a recommended replication-solution for
> PostgreSQL? I asked some PostgreSQL-People and DRDB-People on the
> Linux-Tag in germany. But I'm not very assured about this solution.

Uh, we really don't _recommend_ replication solutions.  However, I will
say I have heard of Slony, but never of DRDB.  It seems DRDB replicates
the file system blocks to another machine.  While this could work just
fine, it is different than something like Slony that allows you to
replicate only certain tables and allows for you to switch master and
slave roles among servers.