Re: autovacuum suggestions for 500,000,000+ row tables?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: autovacuum suggestions for 500,000,000+ row tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Alex,

> Downtime is something I'd rather avoid if possible. Do you think we
> will need to run VACUUM FULL occasionally? I'd rather not lock tables
> up unless I cant avoid it. We can probably squeeze an automated
> vacuum tied to our data inserters every now and then though.

As long as your update/deletes are less than 10% of the table for all time,
you should never have to vacuum, pending XID wraparound.

> Is this an 8.0 thing? I don't have a pg_controldata from what I can
> see. Thats nice to hear though.

'fraid so, yes.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: Do Views execute underlying query everytime ??
Сообщение: Re: Do Views execute underlying query everytime ??