Re: Autovacuum in the backend

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Дата
Re: Autovacuum in the backend  (Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com>)
Re: Autovacuum in the backend  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh,

> Just my own two cents. First I am not knocking the work that has been on
> autovacuum. I am sure that it was a leap on its own to get it to work.
> However I will say that I just don't see the reason for it.

I've personally seen at least a dozen user requests for "autovacuum in the
backend", and had this conversation about 1,100 times:

NB: "After a week, my database got really slow."
Me: "How often are you running VACUUM ANALYZE?"
NB: "Running what?"

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend