REINDEX SYSTEM tables ... index disappearing ... ?

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема REINDEX SYSTEM tables ... index disappearing ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
'k, I've been playing around with the REINDEX stuff, and either I'm
mis-understanding something, or there is a bug in 7.4.x ...

If I do a:

REINDEX TABLE pg_statistic;

my 'on disk' INDEX is disappearing, altho there is no errors being
generated:

# select oid,relname from pg_class where relname like 'pg_statistic%';  oid  |           relname
-------+------------------------------ 16408 | pg_statistic 16647 | pg_statistic_relid_att_index
(2 rows)

But, on disk:

$ ls -l 16408 16647
ls: 16647: No such file or directory
-rw-------  1 pgsql pgsql 385024 Jun 13 15:28 16408

# reindex table pg_statistic;
REINDEX
#

Shouldn't this work?  Or, at least, generate an error message?

----

Сообщение: Re: User Quota Implementation
Сообщение: Re: User Quota Implementation