Re: User Quota Implementation

От Yann Michel
Тема Re: User Quota Implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Josh!

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:13:52AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Yeah.  I'd prefer per-database quotas, rather than per-user quotas, which
> seem kind of useless.   The hard part is making any transaction which
> would exceed the per-database quota roll back cleanly with a
> comprehensible error message rather than just having the database shut
> down.
>
> If we had per-database user quotas, and per-database users, it would pretty
> much wind up all of the issues which ISPs have with Postgres.

O.K. This makes sens to me. Otherwise I'd like to see quotas per
tablespace. As far as I got it, a tablespace may grow in size untile the
volume is full. Here a grace quota might be usefull as well. Let's say a
5% threshold like the ext filesystem as an default for generating a
warning to th elogs files letting the admin extend the volum(s) by time.

Regards,
Yann