Re: User Quota Implementation

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: User Quota Implementation
Дата
Re: User Quota Implementation  (Yann Michel <yann-postgresql@spline.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce, Yann,

> Sure.  Basically there has not been a lot of interest in this, and we
> are not sure how to implement it without a huge amount of work.
> Considering the other things we are working on, it hasn't been a
> priority, and lots of folks don't like the Oracle approach either.

Yeah.  I'd prefer per-database quotas, rather than per-user quotas, which
seem kind of useless.   The hard part is making any transaction which
would exceed the per-database quota roll back cleanly with a
comprehensible error message rather than just having the database shut
down.

If we had per-database user quotas, and per-database users, it would pretty
much wind up all of the issues which ISPs have with Postgres.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions