Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Dave Page wrote:

> You really think that's because people would rather markup their text in
> a language that they may not already know and hit Submit themselves
> rather than just email it to us?

The thing is, we need a solution taht doesn't involve having to 'email it
to us', since 'us' isn't always going to be available ... just look at
Bruce, and how hard he tries to keep up on the Patches that get submitted
... a CMS for techdocs is a requirement, period, since we're looking for
dynamic content to be added, nd preferrably by many ppl ...

> It's not lack of accessability that killed the old techdocs anyway imho
> - it's lack of a maintainer with enough time and interest to put the
> work in since Justin left. That's exactly what may happen again if
> yet-another-different-site is produced.

Josh, I do agree with Dave here ... techdocs died because the only one
that knew anything about it got busy with other stuff ... but it is just
this argument that further goes towards using a CMS that will have
everything pretty much 'done for you' ... the initial setup will be a bit
of work, but long term, the idea is that we won't be beholden to any
single person ...

> If it's all in one place, you
> have the advantage of an existing infrastructure, and multiple
> maintainers who know the system well. Besides, I'm not advocating an
> inaccessible replacement - I'm advocating one that fits in with all the
> rest of the work that's been done over the last year+.

Bricolage can do this ... at least the last bit of research I did on it

> Count you out why? Is it the fact that I'm advocating keeping everything
> in one site, or that I'm suggesting we don't need advanced features like
> customisable workflows or other whizz-bang features? What exactly do you
> want that you don't think you will get from what I'm suggesting?

A ready made, easy to use, interface that allows arbitrary ppl to submit
articles and such without a third person having to edit that content to
fit the existing structure ...

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Сообщение: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.