Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 02:53:32PM -0300, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Moving to PgFoundry is NOT "Demotion"

Yeah, I agree.  Lots of people understand "search in pgfoundry.org" much
easily than "see contrib/adddepend".  (I agree with most of the rest of
your comments as well.)

> adddepend: is this still needed, or would a proper
> dump-and-reload from 7.2 add the dependancy information anyway?

Yes, it's still needed: a normal dump/reload doesn't fix the problem.

> findoidjoins: again, it's not clear what this module is for.
> Bruce?

I don't think this should be a contrib at all.  It's more like a
developer tool.

> lo: another special data type.   Is its functionality required
> anymore?   It appears to be a workaround to some limitations of
> our large object interface which may no longer exist.

No, it's still needed I think.  It's somewhat redundant with vacuumlo
apparently?  The functionality of both should be incorporated into the
backend somehow, I'd think.

> pg_dumplo:  is this still required for pg large objects?  If
> so, can't we integrate it into the core?  utilities/

I believe pg_dump has this functionality, with -O.

> reindexdb: now obsolete per the REINDEX {database} command.
> Remove from contrib.

No, this is different than REINDEX DATABASE.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
Oh, oh, las chicas galacianas, lo harán por las perlas,

Сообщение: Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)
Сообщение: Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)