Re: postgres files in windows xp

От
Тема Re: postgres files in windows xp
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
--- Aarni Ruuhim�ki <aarni@kymi.com> wrote:

> On Monday 23 May 2005 12:18, you wrote:
> > thank you guys
> >
> > i'll try your suggestions. but i see the commands
> are in linux  how about
> > in windows platform how do you do that will it be
> the same?
> >
> > thanks again.
> >
> > mon
>
> Hi,
>
> I am not familiar with running Pg on Windows. You
> will find help from
> pqsql-cygwin mail list.
>
> BR,
>
> Aarni
>
> --------------
> This is a bugfree broadcast to you
> from **Kmail**
> on **Fedora Core 2** linux system
> --------------
> Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates and a
> free apache inside.

> cleanly

i have cookbook instructions for installing pgsql on
winxp home using cygwin.  if anyone is interested, i
will try and post them to web.  it took me a month to
figure out how to do it - and i never saw the
instructions all in one place.  i had to piecemeal.

i guess the first question that needs answering is if
one wants to go the cygwin pg7 route or the native
windows pg8 route.  i will try the pg8 route on a
desktop at home that i just got hooked up to the net.
when i tried to install it before, i had no luck.
hopefully it is more intutitive and the docs are improved.