Re: C++-Language Function/Process List

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: C++-Language Function/Process List
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 09:13:00AM -0500, Kelly Burkhart wrote:
> I used C++ and noticed that some Postgres headers contain C++ keywords.
> Is there any interest among PG developers in making the C-language
> interface C++ clean?  Or, is there hostility to this idea?

Hmm, it seems C++ is joining the club with SQL in taking lots of
commonly used words and turning them into keywords.

I don't think it's actively being worked against, it's just that c++
has added some 50 keywords to the language, most of which are ordinary
english words. It will take time to go through and update all the
sources...

For reference, the keywords in question are using, typename and typeid.
Anyone think of any alternative names that don't lose the meaning?

Вложения