Re: Binary installation RPM's from Mandrake 10.1.

От Marco Aurélio Carvalho
Тема Re: Binary installation RPM's from Mandrake 10.1.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em Dom 22 Mai 2005 20:13, Panos Tsapralis escreveu:
> I would like to avoid compiling the POSTGRESQL source files in order to
> install it on my new Mandrake 10.1 Community system (I am relatively new
> to Linux "tactics" and I am afraid I will have to spend too much time
> trying to get it to work from the sources).
>
> So, is there any place where I can find ready-made binary installation
> RPM's or ".tar.gz" / ".tgz" format files that I can use?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
>
> --
> Panos Tsapralis,
> Software Engineer,
> +306948076902,
> Athens, GREECE.

Mandrake has postgres as a normal rpm application. The problem is that the
last MDK version is 7.4.5 .
If you want version 8.03 you must compile it. It is easy : see the INSTALL
file.
One point of problem : MDK uses diferent directories to install postgres than
the default instalation from compilation. MDK also has scripts to launch and
stop postgres deamon. Compilation will not give you these scripts.

I suggest also that you leave the 10.1 Community and upgrade to 10.1 Official.
Community is a beta version.
--
Marco Aurélio