Re: [GENERAL] Storing database in WORM devices

От Jay A. Kreibich
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Storing database in WORM devices
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 03:51:43PM -0400, GGoshen@axsone.com scratched on the wall:
> I would like to clarify something.
> I intend to create the database on a re-writable device (not WORM).
> At some point, when I no longer want to add/modify the database, I
> plan to copy it to the WORM device. Then I would like to be able to
> access the database on the WORM device for reading purposes only.

  What you are basically saying is you want a read-only database on a
  CD-R (which is essentially a WORM device).  As has been discussed
  many times in the past, Postgres does not support this very well, if
  at all.

   -j

--
                     Jay A. Kreibich | CommTech, Emrg Net Tech Svcs
                        jak@uiuc.edu | Campus IT & Edu Svcs