Re: Partitioning / Clustering

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Partitioning / Clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Neil,

> Sure, but that hardly makes it not "usable". Considering the price of
> RAM these days, having enough RAM to hold the database (distributed over
> the entire cluster) is perfectly acceptable for quite a few people.

The other problem, as I was told it at OSCON, was that these were not
high-availability clusters; it's impossible to add a server to an existing
cluster, and a server going down is liable to take the whole cluster down.
Mind you, I've not tried that aspect of it myself; once I saw the ram-only
rule, we switched to something else.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions