Re: Troubleshooting Postgres7.4

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Troubleshooting Postgres7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:53:37AM -0400, Bobb Shields wrote:

> ps ax | grep postmaster does not return anything. I don't know what it
> should return anyways...
>
> I tried to start postgres by su'ing from root to " - postgres", and running
> postmaster. I get an error that says that the lock file already exists, and
> asks whether another instance of postmaster is already running.

Since you already confirmed that there isn't (because ps ax | grep
postmaster returned empty), you can delete the PID file mentioned in the
error message and retry.

After it's up, try the ps | grep trick again and see what it looks like,
just so you know what it should look like under normal operation.

"Endurecerse, pero jamás perder la ternura" (E. Guevara)