Re: brute force attacking the password

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: brute force attacking the password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
C. Bensend wrote:

> > No, there is not.  Does anyone want to suggest a possible implementation
> > for the TODO list?
>
> I would like to see a combination of number of login failures and a
> timeout, configurable via the conf file.  Say, X login failures
> disables further logins for that account for Y minutes.
>
> That would be groovy.  :)

I would like to pick something that matches what a typical Unix system
does because I think the _fancy_ solutions actually cause weird problems
like denial-of-service attacks by just trying to log in.

How do typical open source Unix's handle it?  It think they slow down
prompting for a password --- but as I remember we only allow one
password attempt per connection so that is already covered.