Re: row-attribute in EXPLAIN-output doesn't match count(*)

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: row-attribute in EXPLAIN-output doesn't match count(*)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 03:04:47PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> It is a Postgres limitation as well.  We _could_ make the server "really
> start the transaction" at the point the first query is issued instead of
> when the BEGIN is issued.  In fact this problem would go away if we did
> that.

Yeah; I seem to remember Tom Lane suggesting such an approach at one
point.  I had the vague idea it might happen in 8.0, but for some
reason I think it didn't.  (Anyway, that's probably off topic for
this list.)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?    --attr. John Maynard Keynes

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: row-attribute in EXPLAIN-output doesn't match count(*)
Сообщение: Re: row-attribute in EXPLAIN-output doesn't match count(*)