profiling postgresql queries?

От: hubert lubaczewski
Тема: profiling postgresql queries?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

profiling postgresql queries?  (hubert lubaczewski, )
 Re: profiling postgresql queries?  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: profiling postgresql queries?  (Alex Turner, )
   Re: profiling postgresql queries?  (hubert lubaczewski, )
 Re: profiling postgresql queries?  (Michael Fuhr, )
  Re: profiling postgresql queries?  (hubert lubaczewski, )

hi
i'm not totally sure i should ask on this mailing list - so if you think
i should better ask someplace else, please let me know.

the problem i have is that specific queries (inserts and updates) take a
long time to run.

of course i do vacuum analyze frequently. i also use explain analyze on
queries.

the problem is that both the inserts and updated operate on
heavy-tirggered tables.
and it made me wonder - is there a way to tell how much time of backend
was spent on triggers, index updates and so on?
like:
total query time: 1 secons
trigger a: 0.50 second
trigger b: 0.25 second
index update: 0.1 second

something like this.

is it possible?
will it be ever possible?

hubert

--
hubert lubaczewski
Network Operations Center

Сообщение: Re: performance hit for replication
Сообщение: Re: performance hit for replication