Re: Script for getting a table of reponse-time breakdown

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Script for getting a table of reponse-time breakdown
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jack,

> I am thinking about how to continuously monitor the performance of a
> PostgreSQL 8 database. I am interested in two things: (1) the growth of
> tables with TOAST and indexes;

This is queryable from the system tables, if you don't mind an approximate.

> and (2) the respond time breakdown for a
> query.

The what?  You mean EXPLAIN ANALYZE?

> In Chapters 23 and 24 of the big manual, I found enough materials to
> teach me how to do the 1st job. But I have difficulty with the 2nd one.
> I found some script for Oracle
> (http://www.ixora.com.au/scripts/waits.htm).

Life's too short for reading Oracle docs.   Can you just explain, in
step-by-step detail, what you want?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions