Re: Whats the limit on the number of elements in the IN clause of SELECT/UPDATE/DELETE

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Whats the limit on the number of elements in the IN clause of SELECT/UPDATE/DELETE
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 21:52:35 +0530,
  Gourish Singbal <gourish@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can some one give me the details for the below  question?.
>
> Whats the limit on the number of elements in the IN clause of
> SELECT/UPDATE/DELETE?.

I believe I have seen reports of people using thousands. However, since
this case is converted to OR, it won't be particular fast when you have
a number of values. In that case you are going to be better off loading
them into a temp table, analyzing the table and then using IN with a
subselect (and you want to be using 7.4 or later).