Re: submit data from php: error with special character in the posted text

От Ivo Rossacher
Тема Re: submit data from php: error with special character in the posted text
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The encoding of the database and the client are not compatible. First of all
you need to select a database encoding which supports all the characters you
require (for example: createdb -EUNICODE testdb). I would recommend unicode
because it can store all possible characters and can be converted in any
client encoding by the server.
If your client does not support the utf8 encoding (this is the internal
representation of unicode in the database) you can specify the correct
encoding for the client by a sql statement (for example: SET
client_encoding=LATIN1;). show client_encoding will display the current
settings. The server will convert then all characters to and from this
encoding for this client. This conversion will increase the load on the
server side. So for high trafic sites it might be an issue to consider.

Best regards
Ivo