Re: per-database groups? (was Discovering privileges)

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: per-database groups? (was Discovering privileges)
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 07:38:00PM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:

> I notice that users and groups are per-cluster rather than per-database.
> Is there any way to create users and groups that are not available to
> other databases on the same cluster?

What do you mean by "available"?  You can use pg_hba.conf to control
which users can connect to which databases, if that's what you're
after.  Or maybe db_user_namespace will do what you want:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/runtime-config.html#GUC-DB-USER-NAMESPACE

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/