per-database groups? (was Discovering privileges)

От Murray Cumming
Тема per-database groups? (was Discovering privileges)
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 10:02 -0700, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 05:45:29PM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 08:42 -0700, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> > >
> > > You could look at pg_class.relacl,
> >
> > I can't make much sense of that so far. Ca you give any clues on how
> > that works?
>
> See "Notes" in the GRANT documentation:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-grant.html

I notice that users and groups are per-cluster rather than per-database.
Is there any way to create users and groups that are not available to
other databases on the same cluster? I would expect databases to be
completely independent, regardless of whether they are available from
the same host and port.

This seems like it should be theoretically possible - after all, you can
not even connect to postgres unless you specify a database in the
connection.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@murrayc.com