Re: BUG #1517: SQL interval syntax is accepted by the parser,

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #1517: SQL interval syntax is accepted by the parser,
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Roy Badami wrote:

>     Tom> No, it shouldn't; read the SQL spec.  AFAICS the syntax
>     Tom> select interval '1' month is perfectly spec-compliant.  The
>     Tom> variant select interval '1 month' is *not* per-spec, it is a
>     Tom> Postgres-ism.
>
> That is my understanding, though I don't have a copy of the spec (my
> reference is Date & Darwen's "A guide to the SQL standard")

We have links to the spec in the developer's FAQ.

> However, it may be better if the PostgreSQL parser rejected the
> syntax.  The current behaviour would seem to be a smoking gun for
> people porting ANSI-compliant SQL applications (assuming such things
> exist :) to PostgreSQL.

So, we have a few major problems with intervals.  Let me think a little
and I will summarize.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #1546: Temp table isn't deleted at the end of a
Сообщение: Re: BUG #1546: Temp table isn't deleted at the end of a