Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL pam ldap document

От Dick Davies
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL pam ldap document
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
* Adrian Nida <nida@musc.edu> [0307 18:07]:
> <Snip/>
> >>Here is my attempt at doing so:  http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostGreSQL
> <Snip/>
> >I get a "not exists" error on that URL.
> Sorry, I renamed the URL after someone pointed out the correct spelling.
>  This was a link to the old one.  I apologize for the confusion, the
> right URL is:
>
> http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostgreSQL
>
> >I assume you looked at:
> >    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/auth-methods.html#AUTH-PAM
> >Do you have additions to it?
>
> Yes, I did look at it.  No offense to the original author, but my doc
> has a lot more than the four sentences that are there.  I was hoping it
> would help others in my situation.  Again any and all
> comments/questions/blah are appreciated.

I think the point he's trying to make is that most of your howto is
how to setup pg_hba.conf (which is in the docs anyway) and how to set up pam_ldap
for a service (which is really a pam howto).

It'd be nice if the docs at

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/auth-methods.html#AUTH-PAM

said

'you need to createuser(8) a postgres user too. PAM is only used to
validate a username/password pair - the user has to exist in postgres as well.'

and it will, once it updates :)

--
'When the door hits you in the ass on the way out, clean off the smudge
 your ass leaves, please'