Re: template1 database

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: template1 database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 08:17:03AM +0000, Eimantas Vai??i??nas wrote:

> I've recently started using PgSQL and i must say it gose quite good as far as
> i can say. Just been wondering how important is template1 database to PgSQL?
> What would happen if i drop this database together with postgres user.

See "Template Databases" in the "Managing Databases" chapter of the
documentation, as well as the "Database Users and Privileges" chapter:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/manage-ag-templatedbs.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/user-manag.html

Is there a reason you're thinking about dropping template1 and the
postgres user?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/