Re: Scheduling/Automated Jobs in Postgre

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Scheduling/Automated Jobs in Postgre
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
This is something that comes up every few months. Core is of the opinion
that you should just use the tools of your OS. Personally, I think some
kind of job system in the database would be very useful, so the last
time this came up I created http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgjob/. No
work is being done on it right now, but if this is something you have an
interest in you should sign up for the mailing list.

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:09:53AM +0530, Aravindhan G.D wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to do some user defined jobs when ever the Postgre server gets restarted. These tasks should be automated one
i.e)When ever I restart the server the PL/SQL functions I have defined should be executed automatically without my
intervention.This is to record some information like Audit Trails and some more.

> Could any one tell me how can I implement this in Postgre. Is there any concept like "Scheduled Jobs" in Postgre. If
sopls. provide me with related informations or the links from where I could get them.

От: Arcane_Rhino
Сообщение: Fwd: Re: [GENERAL] pg_shadow passwd decrypt
От: John DeSoi
Сообщение: Re: Automatic database backup on Windows Machine