Re: Scheduling/Automated Jobs in Postgre

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Scheduling/Automated Jobs in Postgre
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:09:53AM +0530, Aravindhan G.D wrote:

> I need to do some user defined jobs when ever the Postgre server
> gets restarted. These tasks should be automated one i.e) When ever
> I restart the server the PL/SQL functions I have defined should be
> executed automatically without my intervention. This is to record
> some information like Audit Trails and some more.

You could add an appropriate command to your PostgreSQL startup
script.

> Could any one tell me how can I implement this in Postgre. Is
> there any concept like "Scheduled Jobs" in Postgre. If so pls.
> provide me with related informations or the links from where I could
> get them.

PostgreSQL doesn't have a scheduler -- most operating systems have
one (e.g., cron on Unix-like systems), so that's what people use.

(BTW, it's "PostgreSQL" or "Postgres", not "Postgre".)

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/