PGSQL 8.0.1 Win 2K Installation Problem

От S.D.
Тема PGSQL 8.0.1 Win 2K Installation Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I downloaded the native Windows 8.0.1 installer and sorted through the various Windows permissions problems by running
theInstaller as an admin but not creating a cluster. Then I log out and log back in as the limited "postgres" user and
runinitdb.exe from the command line. Initdb creates the data folder and everything seems to be going well until just
after"initializing pg_depend ... ok". The next lines are:

-----
creating system views ... FATAL: unrecognized node type: 653
child process was terminated by signal 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory
-----

What am I doing wrong? This installation is on Windows 2000 Pro running inside Virtual PC 6 on the Macintosh (10.3.8).
I'vesearched all over the web but have found nothing that refers to this error code.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Scott

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.