Re: Bibliography updates for new editions?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Bibliography updates for new editions?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Am Dienstag, 15. Februar 2005 18:11 schrieb Michael Fuhr:
> Sure, but why not save them the effort?  If somebody (me) is willing
> to track down the links, what benefit is there in not providing them?
> The Bibliography already provides links to other items -- why not the
> books as well?

I don't think the publisher's web site is particularly relevant.  You might as
well link to the authors' home pages as well.  And then we start attaching
links to everything all over the documentation.  In an XLink world, this
might make sense, but not right now, I think.

The other links lead to the actual document, which is relevant.

If there were a functional URN namespace for ISBNs then I would support
linking the ISBNs to that.

--
Peter Eisentraut