Re: empty a database

От Dick Davies
Тема Re: empty a database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [0232 16:32]:
> Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net> writes:
> > Is there a neat way to clean out a database via SQL commands?
> > i.e. get rid of tables, sequences, integers, etc.
>
> > At present I'm using dropdb/createdb, but thats' far from ideal
> > and I think it's causing postgres to do more mork than it needs to...
>
> Well, if you put everything into one or a few schemas then dropping
> and recreating those schemas would do it.  I suspect though that this
> is *not* faster than dropdb/createdb.

Thanks Tom.

It's not just the speed, it's the constant deletes and creations in
~pgsql/data - as I said the other day, this is recreating a test db from the
production one as part of unit tests, so this happens dozens of times a day...

--
'...and then we wrote scripts to write the configs for us, and using
these scripts, we made mistakes in a faster, more automated manner.'