Re: Win32-postgresql command line password

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Win32-postgresql command line password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pascal Van Puymbroeck wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the best method but I use the:
>
> pgsql -d dbase -U ppk -f e:\\Test.imp < passwd.txt
>
> Where passwd.txt holds the password for the user specified.

Also see .pgpass in the libpq manual section.  It allows you to store
passwords in a file for use by psql and all other libpq applications.
On Win32 the file is stored in %APPDATA%\postgresql\pgpass.conf.

We should mention this in the psql manual page and I will add a mention
for 8.1.  Thanks.