Questions about functionality

От Ignacio Colmenero
Тема Questions about functionality
Дата
Re: Questions about functionality  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Re: Questions about functionality  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-general

Hello.

I have been in this list for a very short period of time so, if my questions have been answered before, please tell me and I will browse again in the archives.

1. Is there anything in Postgre or third-party solutions similar to Oracle’s SQL Loader, to upload a flat file into a table, according to certain rules? Any solutions you have tried before to solve this issue?

2. What are the nuts and bolts to run a SQL script from a batch file? I have browsed the documentation and I haven’t seen anything clear.

3. Can I store more than one polygon in a polygon datatype field, like ((x1,y1),(x2,y2),…),((x10,y10),(x11,y11),…) or I have to install PostGIS?

4. Can I query an object in another database, like in Oracle’s dblink?

As you may guess, Oracle Databases have been my bread and butter for the last 5 years, but now I am dealing with Postgre, and I think it is great!!!! Sorry if my questions are kind of newbie.

Ignacio.

Ignacio Colmenero

Software Development

Micotan Software Company Ltd.