Re: libpq API incompatibility between 7.4 and 8.0

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: libpq API incompatibility between 7.4 and 8.0
Дата
Re: libpq API incompatibility between 7.4 and 8.0  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Uh, if we bump up the major library version in 8.0.X, will that
> > require 8.0.0 user applications to be recompiled?
>
> No, they just keep using the old library.

That assumes the old libraries stay around.  Will they?

I am thinking the easiest solution will be to re-add get_progname() to
8.0.X and bump the major for 8.1.

Pennsylvania19073