Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > Pgpool 2.5b2 supports "master slave mode" which can cope with
> > master/slave replication softwares such as Slony-I. In this mode
> > pgpool sends non SELECT queries to master only. SELECTs are load
> > balanced by pgpool.
>
> Sounds good!

Thanks. Yesterday I have put offcial release of pgpool 2.5 on
pgfoundry.org. The news release has not come up yet on the top page of
pgfoundry.org for some reason I don't know, but I hope it will appear
soon.

pgpool 2.5 has the capabilty to perform periodical health checking to
PostgreSQL.

> Does it attempt any interaction with Slony when it detects a failure of the
> master?  It would seem a pity to have pgpool watching the pair to detect
> failure but having to have a separate watcher process to tell Slony to
> failover.

If pgpool detects PostgreSQL failure, Slony should detect it as well,
no?
--
Tatsuo Ishii