Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc

От Jim Buttafuoco
Тема Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Source: CSV HEAD (As of yesterday)
Platform: HP PARISC (HP 710)
OS: Debian Sarge
File: src/backend/utils/adt/float.c
Change:       CheckFloat4Val(result);
To:       CheckFloat4Val((float4)result);

I tested this on my parisc box and it passed all tests.  This could just be an issue with a very old CPU/floating
point unit.

I can send a patch in, but since this seems to work on other platforms, I thought I would ask here first.

Sorry about the cryptic message, it was before my first cup of java.

Jim

Datum
float4div(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
{       float4          arg1 = PG_GETARG_FLOAT4(0);       float4          arg2 = PG_GETARG_FLOAT4(1);       double
   result;

       if (arg2 == 0.0)               ereport(ERROR,                               (errcode(ERRCODE_DIVISION_BY_ZERO),
                             errmsg("division by zero")));

       /* Do division in float8, then check for overflow */       result = (float8) arg1 / (float8) arg2;
       CheckFloat4Val(result);
       PG_RETURN_FLOAT4((float4) result);
}