Re: bug w/ cursors and savepoints

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: bug w/ cursors and savepoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 12:27:05PM +1300, Oliver Jowett wrote:
> Oliver Jowett wrote:
> >Having the close fail
> >because of an intervening savepoint rollback isn't great -- the error
> >will cause an unexpected failure of the current transaction.
>
> Never mind -- I just reread the protocol docs, and it's safe to close a
> nonexistant portal. Did this previously issue a warning, or something
> similar? I'm sure I had seen problems in this area in the past..

Not sure ... however I remember somebody complained because the SQL
level interface differed from the protocol level one on this point.

"In a specialized industrial society, it would be a disaster
to have kids running around loose." (Paul Graham)

Сообщение: Re: Strange issue with initdb on 8.0 and Solaris automounts
Сообщение: Re: Strange issue with initdb on 8.0 and Solaris automounts