Re: Upgrading from from 7.4.2 to 8.0

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Upgrading from from 7.4.2 to 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 12:51:14PM -0600, James Gunzelman wrote:

> Will I have to dump and reload all my databases when migrating from
> 7.4.2 to 8.0?

Yes -- the Release Notes mention it under "Migration to version 8.0":

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/release.html#RELEASE-8-0

Those unfamiliar with doing an upgrade might want to read "If You
Are Upgrading" in the "Installation Instructions" chapter of the
documenation, and "Migration Between Releases" in the "Backup and
Restore" chapter:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/install-upgrading.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/migration.html

(Install or upgrade questions should probably go to pgsql-admin or
pgsql-general instead of pgsql-performance.)

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/