Re: find column names from query

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: find column names from query
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 11:46:15PM -0700, Afton & Ray Still wrote:

> going through the documentation I found the following:
>
> SELECT attname::regclass FROM pg_attribute WHERE attrelid = travel::regclass

Are you sure the example looked like that?  attname is a name type
and shouldn't be cast to regclass, and "travel" should be in single
quotes if it's a table name.  Try this:

SELECT attname FROM pg_attribute WHERE attrelid = 'travel'::regclass;

Here's something a little more useful:

SELECT attname
FROM pg_attribute
WHERE attrelid = 'travel'::regclass
  AND attisdropped IS FALSE
  AND attnum >= 1
ORDER BY attnum;

If you're using PostgreSQL 7.4 or later then you could also use the
Information Schema; see the documentation for details.

SELECT column_name
FROM information_schema.columns
WHERE table_name = 'travel'
ORDER BY ordinal_position;