Re: 8.1 development cycle (was a couple of other threads

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: 8.1 development cycle (was a couple of other threads
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> On a slightly different note in regards to the development
>>> cycle. I am authoring a new book and it would be helpful
>>> to know the approximate completion of the dev cycle.
>>>
>>> If the dev cycle is going to be really short, are we expecting
>>> a more traditional 12-16 month 8.2?
>>

>> That seems to be the norm ... my feel for discussions so far is that 8.1's
>> focus is going to be primarily replacing ARC, and anything else that might
>> slip in ...
>
> So are we looking at a 8.1 in June and a 8.2 in say August of 2006?

I'd say that was a safe bet ... 8.1, we're looking at a 4 month dev/beta
cycle, so end of May, start of Junefor release ... based on current
trends, I'd say following June for beta of 8.2, and then "however long"
after that for release, so between Aug and Nov :)

----