Limiting size and number of transaction logs

От Chris White (cjwhite)
Тема Limiting size and number of transaction logs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
In the documentation for 7.4 for WAL configuration, I see the following statement:

There will be at least one 16 MB segment file, and will normally not be more than 2 * checkpoint_segments + 1 files.

So if I have 1 checkpoint segment configured, does this mean there will be a max of 4 16MB files or 3 16MB files.

Is there anyway of reducing this number of files, as I am running on a system which is very tight on disk space and doesn't have that much DB transaction  throughput that needs this number of transaction logs or is there a way of making the size smaller?

Chris White