Re: Major Problems with pg_dump

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Major Problems with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:
> =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=D6PFERL_Robert?= <robert.koepferl@sonorys.at> writes:
> >
> > 2. Dumping schema+data types and domains are dumped in the
> > wrong order.
> > Types don't get defined due to missing domains. Hmmm?
>
> However, 8.0 pg_dump should have solved the incorrect-dump-order
> problem.  Could we see a specific example of #2 occurring with the 8.0
> dump?

I can duplicate this in 8.0.0rc5:

createdb test
psql -c "CREATE DOMAIN foo AS integer" test
psql -c "CREATE TYPE bar AS (x foo)" test
pg_dump test > test.sql
psql -c "DROP TYPE bar; DROP DOMAIN foo" test
psql -e test < test.sql
CREATE TYPE bar AS (
        x foo
);
ERROR:  type "foo" does not exist
ALTER TYPE public.bar OWNER TO postgres;
ERROR:  type "public.bar" does not exist

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/