Re: [despammed] Installation

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: [despammed] Installation
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
--- Jorge P�rez <jlperez@epm.net.co> wrote:

> Thanks a lot to you all, now it's running perfectly
> :-) . I have a
> project in which I'm going to use PostgreSQL
> database and Visual FoxPro
> (which can be used with Linux) for the front end.
> What has to be done to
> install a database developed in a Windows machine in
> a Linux server?

Look at the "pg_dumpall" utility (covered under
"client applications" in the documentation).  This
will allow you to recreate an entire database setup.
"pg_dump" will do the same for a single database.
Take note that you may have difficulty if there are
users in the original database setup that do not exist
in the setup that you are restoring to.  The
"pg_dumpall" file will contain commands to recreate
all of your users, but you will still need to be
careful to avoid conflicts in the superuser name.  You
may need to edit the dump file to resolve these
problems.

http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/95/postgresql-8.0.0-rc2.zip).